Bun E. Boniface® Kicks Off France Week at Dallas Blooms!
Celebrate France Week at Dallas Blooms with Bun E. Boniface!
Bun E. Boniface® will help kick off France Week at the Dallas Arboretum for their 2018 Dallas Blooms festival, A World of Flowers. Each week of the festival will be devoted to a different international region and culture.
The 6-week celebration of spring’s exquisite beauty begins on February 24th with a celebration of France!
Bilingual Reading & Book Signing at the Hoffman Family Gift Store
- 11am-3pm on Sunday, February 25, 2018: Cynthia Wildridge
Author Cynthia Wildridge and Bun E. Boniface will delight children with bilingual readings of her picture book, Bun E. Learns to Count in French (Bun E. apprend à compter). Presentations will be offered hourly between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Sunday, February 25th.
Stop by the Hoffman Family Gift Store to say “bonjour” to Bun E. Boniface–and learn how to say a few words in French, yourself! Book and accompanying audio CD’s are available for purchase in the Hoffman Family Gift Store, or bring your own book to the signing.
Hope to see you Sunday!
11 am to 3 pm Sunday, February 25, 2018 The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens 8525 Garland Rd, Dallas, TX 75218 (214) 515-6615
More French-related events taking place during France Week, February 24-March 2:
International Crossroads Village
The Alliance Française – French Culture Club will join us on Saturday, Sunday, and Wednesday. We’ll also have snacks, arts activities and other entertainment throughout the week.
- Saturday & Sundays, 10am-3pm
- Join Lorie Fangio, teaching chef and owner of A Taste of Paris, for an entertaining demonstration called, “The French and Their Cheese.” Lorie will demonstrate how to craft an authentic French cheese board and proper cheese service, and will discuss the differences between American and French cheese.
- French mime to entertain guests, ice cream, activities from the Alliance Française Culture Club, and Joy Macarons.
- Wednesday, February 28
- 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.learn from the Alliance Française, sample macarons for sale, and more.
- 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.Enjoy a postcard activity with Oil and Cotton
Cafe on the Green (Across from Pecan Grove) Unique, Themed Food Available for Purchase
- February 24-March 2: France Week | Quiche Lorraine with bag of chips & soft drink
SPECIAL EVENT! Alexandre de Vogue Speaking Engagement & Book Signing
- Wednesday, March 21, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Rosine Hall
Join Mr. Alexandre de Vogue for the exclusive opportunity to hear about this family’s chateau in France, Vaux-le-Vicomte. The talk will conclude with a book signing.
For More Info Featured discounts on admission and parking may be available through the Dallas Arboretum's website. For a full schedule of events, hours, dining options, and more, please visit the Dallas Arboretum's website.
International Themes for the 2018 Dallas Blooms Festival, “A World of Flowers”
|Week 1||February 24-March 2||France|
|Week 2||March 3-9||Mediterranean|
|Week 3||March 10-16||Europe|
|Week 4||March 17-23||A Taste of the World|
|Week 5||March 24-30||Asia|
|Week 6||March 31-April 8||The Americas|